Have you been working with Tarot for a while now? I started reading oracle cards way back when I was 19, and even though I had absolutely no idea what I was doing, I knew I was having fun doing it! Now that I've been reading professionally for a few years, I've realized that the key to staying connected to the cards is to get creative and have fun with the practice of reading Tarot cards.
Here are 7 of my favorite ways to use Tarot in creative ways:
1. The Chakras. Did you know that you can use Tarot to help you balance the energy of the chakras? If you're not sure what the chakras are or have wanted to learn more about the role they play in your spiritual development, using Tarot cards is one of my favorite ways to uncover what's going on in these energy centers in the physical body.
2. Gemstones. Of course, I was gonna go there. Using gemstones as part of your Tarot practice is a wonderful way to stay grounded and even work on the intentions uncovered in your Tarot readings. There are gemstones associated with each of the Major Arcana cards, as well as stones that can be used to enhance the energy of the pip cards and the four suits.
3. Spirit Guides. Did you know that we all have spirit guides who have accompanied us since birth? Whether or not you've ever made contact or been aware of the presence of your spirit guides, using the Tarot can help you establish or strengthen your connection with your spirit guides and stay open to their guidance.
4. Spirit Writing. Whether you call it automatic writing or spirit writing, the act of moving hand across page with a good old fashioned ink pen is one of my favorite ways to connect with my higher self AND deepen my understanding of the Tarot cards.
5. Astrology. I'll be honest: I know just enough about astrology to be dangerous. But when I ask the Tarot for guidance surrounding the energy of new and full moons, and astrological events like eclipses and retrogrades, suddenly it all makes sense.
6. Wheel of the Year. This is a big one for me. Using my Tarot decks throughout the year helps me stay connected to the shifting energy of the seasons. Marking the passage of time using special Tarot spreads is one of my favorite rituals for holidays like Yule, Solstices, and Samhain.
7. Major Arcana and the Stories Of Our Lives. Understanding the Major Arcana cards can add so many layers to our readings - both for ourselves, and if we read for others. Each card in the Major Arcana has associations with numerology, astrology, and timing. Exploring all these different facets of the cards is one of my big goals for 2020!
I've always felt that the more ways you can use Tarot, the more connected you become with the cards. So that's why I've developed and written a new special 7 week creative integration Tarot course, just for you! You don't need to be an "advanced" reader to enjoy and get the benefits of this course. We'll cover all of the above topics, plus we'll talk about creating your own Tarot spreads, how to set up your own Tarot business, and how to get more practice with the cards.
Registration is limited to 15 participants, so if you want to be a part of this special online event, make sure you register soon. As an added bonus, I've got a special discount code for anyone who's taken one of my Tarot classes or workshops before - just send me a quick email or message on Facebook to find out more!
Register now for Advanced Integrative Tarot and discover (or re-discover) just how much fun Tarot can be!